The Rutgers University Records Management Program provides:
- Safe, secure, economical and convenient storage for inactive and semi-active paper and electronic records at our Records Center,
- On-line access to your records that allows you to search the database, request items, export data, print reports and much more,
- Prompt and reliable retrieval and delivery service for requested boxes or files,
- Prompt and reliable pick up service for new boxes and returned items,
- Approved records management storage boxes to pack your files in,
- Records retention schedules that define how long your records must be retained to meet legal, fiscal, administrative or historical requirements,
- Shredding services for boxes that have met their retention requirements
- Audit/review rooms equipped with a computer, phone and copier to view your records at the Records Center
- Consultation services to help you manage the life cycle of your records from the time they are created to the time they are disposed.
The University has recently purchased a building to act as a centralized storage facility to support and implement proper records management procedures. This facility will be open to receive University records by the end of July.
The facility is equipped with fire detection systems, fire suppression systems, security systems and is temperature controlled throughout the year. Access to the facility is limited to authorized personnel only. Audit/Review rooms are available and should be scheduled in advance.