No boxes or files will be destroyed without authorization from the originating department. All processes and authorization will be electronically signed through the records management software.
- Departments (authorized users) will be notified via email to review a destruction SP notice.
- Through the Records Management SP
software, the authorized user will:
- Authorize the destruction of those boxes that have met their retention requirements and have no holds placed on them;
- Correct erroneous disposal dates (must be consistent with the records retention policy and applicable schedule); or
- Classify boxes that need to be placed on HOLD for tax, audit or legal reasons.
- The RURM will make note of any changes and prepare final destruction report listing only those boxes that have been approved for destruction.
- RURM will gather the boxes and have them shredded. A certificate of destruction will be retained at the Records Center for all boxes destroyed.
To retrieve items from the Records Center, authorized users can place requests:
- from your desktop using the online records management database
- email email@example.com
Requests made by 3:30p will be delivered next business day (Newark/Camden may take additional time). Rush requests made by 3:30p will be delivered in 4 business hours (Business hours are 8:30a -5:00p).